- Try to find the hiring managers name and use it along with a standard business letter format when constructing a cover letter.
- When you write an opening sentence for a cover letter, always give a clear purpose for the letter.
- Show potential employers that you know something about the company by including a reference to a company specific piece of information in your cover letter.
- Let employers know facts about your current life situation that will have an effect on the position.
- Let potential employers know the reasons the position is of interest and how your skills can make you successful in fulfilling the requirements of the position.
- Draw attention to your resume by referencing particular parts of it within your cover letter.
- When you write your cover letter, don’t repeat the same information that is contained within your resume.
- Proofread everything for grammar and spelling errors a few times, and when you are done, have a friend do the same thing.
- End the letter with standard formal business letter closing phrases.
- Electronic cover letters can be written similarly to standard cover letter format, accept they can generally be shorter and it is more critical to include detailed contact information.
Top 10 Cover Letter Writing Tips
Below are the top things that are critical to successful cover letter writing. If you remember to apply these simply tips, they will definetly have a positive effect in your job search.